Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, Leipzig, Manchester City, Paris, Real Madrid and Spurs are through: see who needs what to join them.
Article top media content
Eight teams are through: who can join them on Matchday 6? UEFA.com explains the permutations.
- Full standings
- Arrangements for breaking ties can be found in Article 17 of the official competition regulations
Through to round of 16
Barcelona*, Bayern München*, Juventus*, Leipzig, Manchester City*, Paris Saint-Germain*, Real Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur
Cannot finish in top two
Benfica, Club Brugge, Crvena zvezda, Galatasaray, Genk*, Lokomotiv Moskva*, LOSC Lille*, Olympiacos, Slavia Praha*
*Cannot finish third
All information in this article is subject to final confirmation from UEFA. These examples may not cover all potential situations
Group E: Salzburg (7pts) v Liverpool (10), Napoli (9) v Genk (1)
- Liverpool will go through if they draw, or if Napoli lose to Genk.
- Napoli will go through if they draw, or if Salzburg do not beat Liverpool.
- Salzburg will be through if they beat Liverpool and Napoli does not beat Genk. If Napoli win, Salzburg must beat Liverpool by a better scoreline than the 4-3 by which they lost against them on Matchday 2.
- Genk will finish fourth
Group F: Internazionale Milano (7) v Barcelona (11), Borussia Dortmund (7) v Slavia Praha (2)
- Barcelona are through as group winners.
- Inter will go through if they beat Barcelona, or as long as they finish at least level on points with Dortmund (due to their superior head-to-head goal difference).
- Dortmund must pick up more points than Inter to finish second.
- Slavia will finish fourth.
Group G: Lyon (7) v RB Leipzig (10), Benfica (4) v Zenit (7)
- Leipzig are through and will clinch first place with a draw.
- Zenit will go through if they beat Benfica and Lyon do not beat Leipzig, or if both games are drawn due to their head-to-head superiority over Lyon, or regardless if Lyon lose.
- Lyon will go through if they beat Leipzig (when they would also clinch first place), or if they draw and Zenit lose to Benfica.
- Benfica are unable to finish in the top two. They will finish third if they beat Zenit by a scoreline better than 3-1 and Lyon does not lose, or if they win by any score and Lyon lose to Leipzig.
Group H: Ajax (10) v Valencia (8), Chelsea (8) v LOSC Lille (1)
- Ajax will go through if they draw, or if Chelsea fail to beat LOSC.
- Valencia will go through if they beat Ajax, or as long as they finish at least level on points with Chelsea due to their superior head-to-head record.
- Chelsea will go through if they beat LOSC, or if they draw and Valencia lose to Ajax.
- LOSC will finish fourth.
Group A: Paris Saint-Germain (13) v Galatasaray (2), Club Brugge (3) v Real Madrid (8)
- Paris are through as group winners.
- Madrid are through.
- Club Brugge cannot finish in the top two. They will finish third if they beat Madrid, or if Galatasaray fail to beat Paris.
- Galatasaray cannot finish in the top two. They will be confirmed in fourth place if they lose to Paris.
Group B: Bayern München (15) v Tottenham Hotspur (10), Olympiacos (1) v Crvena zvezda (3)
- Bayern are through as group winners.
- Tottenham are through.
- Crvena zvezda are unable to finish in the top two. They will finish in third if they avoid defeat at Olympiacos.
- Olympiacos are unable to finish in the top two. They will finish in third if they beat Crvena zvezda.
Group C: GNK Dinamo (5) v Manchester City (11), Shakhtar Donetsk (6) v Atalanta (4)
- Man. City are through as group winners.
- Shakhtar will go through if they beat Atalanta, or if they draw and Dinamo fail to win.
- Dinamo will go through if they beat City and Shakhtar do not beat Atalanta.
- Atalanta will go through if they beat Shakhtar and Dinamo do not beat City.
Group D: Bayer Leverkusen (6) v Juventus (13), Atlético Madrid (7) v Lokomotiv Moskva (3)
- Juventus are through as group winners.
- Atlético will go through if they beat Lokomotiv or if Leverkusen fail to beat Juventus.
- Leverkusen will go through if they beat Juventus and Atlético do not beat Lokomotiv.
- Lokomotiv will finish fourth.
Standings are provisional until all matches have been played.